Nothing compares to the taste of homemade ice cream, and when it comes to flavor, vanilla is the classic choice. But not all vanilla ice cream is created equal. Store-bought varieties often contain artificial flavors and preservatives, while the real deal is made with only the freshest and highest quality ingredients.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your own real vanilla ice cream at home. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic equipment, you’ll be able to create a delicious and creamy treat that’s sure to impress your friends and family. So gather your ingredients, preheat your ice cream maker and let’s get started!
Vanilla Pods Ice Cream Recipe
To make homemade real vanilla ice cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 vanilla pods
- Pinch of salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- Start by heating the cream, milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Split the vanilla pods lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Add both the seeds and the pods to the saucepan. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour about a cup of the hot cream mixture into the yolks while whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Then pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the cream mixture and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly. Then remove the vanilla pods.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then transfer it to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, or until it is completely cold.
- Once the mixture is chilled, churn it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
This recipe will give you an intense vanilla taste and aroma, with a very creamy and smooth texture. The vanilla pods will infuse the ice cream mixture with their natural vanilla flavor, and the result will be a delicious homemade ice cream that is a cut above store-bought varieties.
Enjoy your homemade real vanilla ice cream!